Year In Review: Having Too Much Fun

Song of the Moment: “Perfectly Lonely” by John Mayer


Mood: hopeful

“And I don’t belong to anybody, nobody belongs to me….”

So it’s been a while. I started this blog last year this time in order to help me get my thoughts out and to help me keep track of my New Year’s resolutions. And what a year it’s been I honestly don’t know where it went. Time flies when you’re having too much fun….

This year has had its ups and downs. In January, my ex-husband finally filed for divorce after 4 months of being separated. The next four months, I waited around for the finalization and just tried to have fun. On April 5, we were officially divorced. In May came the floods. I also changed back to my maiden name and started a new job that wasn’t overnights. In June, I went on my first out-of-country vacation and signed a quit claim deed on the house I owned with my ex. In July, I sold my beloved Jeep because I couldn’t refinance it. In one week that month, I had 2 car break-downs, my 52-inch LCD shorted out, and I found out my ex-husband had married his ex-girlfriend that he swore he didn’t cheat on me with (yeah right). Then, I had to buy a new car(Mary Ann the Mazda). In August, I had my first experience with blacking out from drinking too much. Not good. In September, I celebrated my 25th birthday with more friends than I could have ever dreamed. Also in September, a vacation to Myrtle Beach turned into something I’ll never forget. By October, I realized I’d been overdoing things, and started to trim back. November and December were tough months just because of the holidays, though nothing substantial happened.
During all this year, I still have yet to date. I have kissed way too many frogs, and while I don’t regret anything I did, I am trying to get myself together. This year, I have gotten over my ex-husband, something I never dreamed would happen. I thought we’d be together forever. While my “rebound” helped me through my divorce more than I could have ever dreamed, now I struggle with the hurt of trying to get over the rebound. It’s a never-ending circle, isn’t it?

But I’m doing okay on my own. With my new schedule, I can’t even imagine trying to fit in dating, much less a boyfriend in my life. My friends keep me busy and I’m having a good time being single. In fact, I’m going to Las Vegas in January for a long weekend with my two best friends and I can’t wait.

I am also still living with my parents. It’s honestly not a bad situation, but it’s something I’m going to have to deal with for a while longer while I work on saving money (which I suck at).

This year, I’ve gained so many great, new friends, though some have turned out to be acquaintances. I’ll never forget the many nights I spent with these people while I was getting out my crazy, wild side. It was a fun summer that I will probably never repeat, but that I will never, ever forget. I also found my two soul mates… the two very best friends who I hope will always be in my life. They’ve been my rock and my confidants who are always there when I need them.

As I bring in the New Year, I think to myself that 2011 promises so many good things: a place of my own finally, paying down some debt, new & old friends, watching my nephew grow up, and maybe-- just maybe-- finally dating.
P.S. My New Year’s resolutions are to run more and lose 10-15 pounds, as well as get my own place!

No comments:

Post a Comment