My Top Songs/Albums Of 2010

I brought in the New Year with my best friends. I was surprisingly sober, but didn’t have the best time I could have because I was letting something get to me.

Now, as I look back on 2010, it can be summed up through music. Music has always been my outlet; lyrics just say the things I can’t put into words myself sometimes. So without further ado, my top songs of 2010 in chronological order.

TIFFANY'S TOP SONGS OF 2010

“Wanna Undo It” by Carrie Underwood

I began the year looking forward to my divorce getting underway. This was my song to start the year off right.
“Friends, Lovers, Or Nothing” by John Mayer

This is off his “Battle Studies” album, which is nothing less than amazing. But this song hit a special chord with me. Played for me by the “rebound” one February night while laying in his bed, he told me that I’d love this song. Little did he know this song would hit home with our situation. The lines John sings at the end of the song have stuck with me, and have become somewhat of a mantra for me: “Anything other than yes is no. Anything other than stay is go. Anything less than ‘I love you’ is lying.”

“Bedrock” by Young Money

It’s a fun song I loved to dance to at the clubs in the spring but my favorite line was always: “She ain’t got a man, but she’s not alone.”

“Haven’t Met you yet" by Michael Buble

Of course, this is one for all of us who are single. I know my future is out there somewhere, I just either haven’t met him yet, or I just don’t realize he’s already in my life. :)

“I’m no good for ya baby” by Laura Bell Bundy

LBB has to be one of my favorite female artists of all time. She’s fun and she can also belt out a ballad like you can’t believe. This is one of her songs of “Achin’ and Shakin’”. “I ain’t looking for Mr. Right, I ain’t looking for Mr. Right Now” sums it up. (I ended up seeing her perform for free in November… one of the best shows I’ve ever seen!)

“Bulletproof” by Laroux

My summer anthem. This may seem like just a fun dance song, but the lyrics are very timely. After my divorce, I just want not to get hurt again. So this was my perfect song for the summer. “baby this time I’ll be bulletproof”

“Your love is my drug” by Ke$ha

First off, let me say don’t judge me because I love Ke$ha. Her entire album was awesome, and her ballads (which she should have released) are also phenomenal. In June, I won a contest to meet her and then I went to see her flood benefit concert. This song was something I always sang with my friends. “So I got a question, do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement?”

“Teach me how to dougie” by Cali Swag District

Oh my, what can I say? I still can’t dougie though I allegedly attempted to on my wild birthday night. Who says white girls can’t dance? Oh wait, that’s right, I can’t.

“Wild and Young” by American Bang

Great band, amazing song, stellar album. They are actually from Nashville, and this song is just one of the best rock songs I’ve heard in quite some time.

“Only Prettier” by Miranda Lambert

My song for my girls. “We’re just like you, only prettier.” And who better to sing it than the amazing Miranda Lambert?

“Dog Days Are Over” by Florence and the Machine

I actually would break out into crazy dance moves anytime I heard this song, but mostly when I was alone in my room. You can’t not dance to this song… it just makes you want to move. And the lyrics are relatable as well.

“Almost Lover” by A Fine Frenzy

Where to begin? This song came up on my Florence and the Machine Pandora station in September. I listened to this song for a week straight, and then it literally came true when I went to MB with the “rebound” less than a week later.
LYRICS:
Your fingertips across my skin
The palm trees swaying in the wind, images
You sang me Spanish lullabies
The sweetest sadness in your eyes, clever trick

Well I’d never want to see you unhappy
I thought you’d want the same for me

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

We walked along a crowded street
You took my hand and danced with me in the shade
And when you left you kissed my lips
You told me you would never ever forget these images no

Well I’d never want to see you unhappy
I thought you’d want the same for me

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot drive the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind
Now you're gone and I’m haunted
And I bet you are just fine
Did I make it that easy to walk
Right in and out of my life?

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do
“F*ck You” by Cee Lo Green

The “rebound” played this for me in Myrtle Beach. Now it’s my song for him, haha.

“Follow through” by Gavin Degraw

I realize this is an older song, but it also came up on my Maroon 5 Pandora station in October. I had said a couple of days earlier in relation to “rebound” back in my life, “Words mean nothing if you don’t follow through”. And then this song came on. “This is the start of something good, don’t you agree?” is what I thought was happening with him and then he didn’t follow through.

“Bottoms up” by Trey Songz and Nicki Minaj

Who doesn’t love this song? It’s catchy and Nicki Minaj just makes it even better. “excuse me, I’m sorry, I’m really such a lady.”

“Bass down low” by Dev and the Cataracts

My end of the year anthem; it’s just good fun!

Notable Songs Off My Albums of the Year

 “Battle Studies” by John Mayer

“Friends, Lovers, Or Nothing” “Who Says” “Perfectly Lonely”

“Animal” by Ke$ha

“Dinosaur” “Stephen” “Blind” “Hungover”

“American Bang” by American Bang

“She don’t cry no more” “Hurts Like Hell” “Wouldn’t Want To Be You” “Wildside”

“Bionic” by Christina Aguilera

“Woohoo” “You Lost Me” “I Hate Boys” “My Girls” “Vanity”

“Achin’ and Shakin’” by Laura Bell Bundy

"Cigarette" "If You Want My Love" "I'm no good for ya baby" "Drop on by"

“Hands All Over” by Maroon 5

“I can’t lie” “Out of Goodbyes” “The Air That I Breathe”

“Speak Now” by Taylor Swift

“Dear John” “Sparks Fly” “Enchanted” “The Story Of Us” “Last Kiss"

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we have similiar music taste -- except maybe Kesha. I only listen to her if it comes on the radio.

    ReplyDelete