Stuck... but not Stagnant

Song of the Moment: "Young & Beautiful" by Carrie Underwood
Mood: inspired

"You've got to get yourself together. You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it. Don't say that later will be better. Now you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it" 
'Stuck in A Moment' by U2 

It's been three months since I last updated and a lot of things have changed since then, though some have stayed the same. I'm now officially divorced as of April 5th and I changed back to my maiden name a couple of weeks ago. It was a very liberating experience. Unfortunately, I'm still connected to my ex-husband (I love saying that!) because we still own the  home together. That is another situation altogether. I'm not sure when that will ever get resolved. It's been on the market since October. Good news though, we got a new real estate agent last month so hopefully it will sell soon. If it doesn't sell by July, I plan to suggest renting it out. I refuse to live with my parents for more than a year, so August is my deadline for getting my own place. 

Also, I've met tons of new people over the past couple of months... and I'm slowly building up a great core group of friends who I look forward to being in my life for a long time. They're good people who truly care about me and want what's best for me. That's really all I could ever hope to find in a friendship and I'm so thankful for finding them.  

In other news, I got a new job. I haven't started it yet, but I will *hopefully* soon start with Channel 5's dot com department as an Internet News Producer. My schedule won't be completely ideal but it's better than working the overnight shift. This new shift (2pm-11pm) will allow me to have a semi-normal life and maybe even date! I'm looking forward to the change and hope that it will usher in a good change in my life.

But with all of these new and great things in my life, I still feel... stuck. I feel like I'm slowly trudging through mud; like I'm repeating the same day, the same week, the same weekend-- every day, every week, and every weekend. I just want things to move along faster. I want to start my new job, I want the house to sell, I want to get my own place, I want a steady schedule, I want to date, I want to find out what I like and what I need. Wow, that's a lot of wants. I just feel like I'm not ever going to get to a place where I'm just perfectly content. 

There are still some things that need to be done: I need to get my Jeep refinanced so I can get new car insurance. I need to take Whiskey to the vet; I haven't been the best dog "mom" to her lately. I need to get my name changed on EVERYTHING. I need to stop drinking so much; I feel like an alcoholic sometimes.

I'm really enjoying my life right now. Though I've done some things the past few months that weren't the best decisions, I have no regrets about anything I've done because it's brought me here. And here is exactly where I need to be. :) But I know I can't just wait around for things to work themselves out, I've gotta keep moving forward to a new and better life. Peace out.





 

1 comment:

  1. I once had a boyfriend tell me that people are in your life for a reason, season, or life time. At the time he was offering the words as a "I'm not sure what we are, but I'm hoping to find out" kind of thing. In the long run, he was just there for a season. If you google "Reason, Season, Lifetime Poem" you'll probably find it.

    ReplyDelete