Undo It: Life Goes On

Song of the Moment: Undo It by Carrie Underwood
Mood: Hopeful

"You had my heart, now I want it back.
I'm starting to see everything you lack.
Boy, you blew it, you put me through it.
I wanna undo it."

Today marks 4 months since my world was turned upside down. Bill, my husband of a little more than 4 years, told me he wasn't in love with me anymore and that I should go stay with my parents. One day later-- I found out that he'd been talking to his MARRIED ex-girlfriend behind my back for 2 months since she moved back to Nashville. He swore they were just friends and only talking about "our problems". But since then-- I've learned a lot of things that would make your skin crawl. I'm currently living with my parents(not so much fun) while the house is up for sale. I was able to take my dog, Whiskey, who has been my comfort through this tough time. She was with me through two deployments... and I don't honestly know what I'd do without my little girl.

But enough of that-- I'm moving forward with my life in this new year. I'm only 24 years old and have plenty of life ahead of me. Now I am going to start 2010 with a long list of New Year's resolutions that I hope to accomplish:
  1. File For Divorce: Yes, I am still technically married. Why, you ask? Because I haven't had the money or the willpower to make myself file for divorce yet. It's a hard decision that I know I'm ready for now.
  2. Exercise: I have exercised sporadically over the past year, but I really want to get down to business. I need to lose about 10-15 pounds and this is the year I'm going to do it! I wanted to run the half marathon at the Country Music Marathon in April but I couldn't make myself start training soon enough. So now, I'm going to shoot for next year and perhaps runs some 5K's this year.
  3. Find a hobby: I've never found one I truly loved and now is the time to do it. Here are some of my ideas:
    • Re-learn French (I took 5 years in HS/college so I already should be fluent, but I'm not)
    • Take Guitar Lessons (I've had a guitar since I was 16, but never learned to play)
    • Photography (I have a nice, older Canon that I've never really used)
    • Ballroom/Swing Dancing Lessons(I danced for 10 years when I was younger, and I think this would be so much fun)
  4. Go to Paris: Possibly use some of my rusty french. It's been my dream since I was very young and watched my all-time favorite movie "Beauty & the Beast"... and if I don't go now, I don't know if I ever will!
  5. Go Back to School:   To do what? I have no idea. I just find myself missing school sometimes.
So you may be wondering what this blog will be about... I promise not to go on and on about my soon to be ex... but as he was my entire life for the past 6 years-- he's bound to pop up sometime. Largely-- I want to focus on tracking my progress over the next year and see where this new life takes me.  Feel free to post any comments, concerns, criticisms or support! I love feedback! Hope you'll stick around for the ride...

♥ tiffany renee

No comments:

Post a Comment